Slow Cooker Pumpkin CakeBy yummy on August 11, 2013
Who says pumpkin’s just for fall? Stay cool in the kitch with this easy slow cooker cake that tastes every bit as good this time of year!
So maybe you pull out your slow cooker in the fall when the temps start to drop, but did you know ye old slow cooker is awesome in the summer heat? And that it’s great for more than just meals?
You can bake dessert in your slow cooker in less than 3 hours and have yourself a moist, deliciously perfect cake. Like this incred Pumpkin Cake. Check out how to get it stirred, cooked, and in your mouth in no time at all — without raising the temperature in your kitchen!
Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix, y’all. That’s how we’s gonna roll. Starting this way makes this recipe even easier than ever because there are no spices to mix into the batter — but your final yum comes out tasting like a charm!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin pie puree
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- non-dairy whipped topping
- (if pumpkin pie spice desired)
- Spray the edges of a slow cooker with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, pumpkin pie puree, and butter. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker with lid, cook on low for 2-3 hours, or just until the cake springs back to the touch.
- Serve cake with dollops of whipped topping. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
Tagsrecipe recipes dessert cake dinner cookies cheese Chocolate bites Snacks Breakfast drink pizza chicken cheesecake Sandwiches bread Strawberry bacon Grilled taco eggs pie Banana casserole Peanut Butter cupcake cherry Crock Pot Recipes Crescent slow cooker Peanut tomato ham and cheese Mini-Cheesecakes Last-Minute meatball pepperoni baked rainbow Enchiladas