Pretzel chocolate Bites
These are just a really fun little variation on chocolate covered pretzels. I have always loved snacks like trail mixes or Chex mixes that are both salty and sweet, and that’s the reason that I love these so much. They’re not so much a dessert as a salty, chocolatey snack. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make, and they travel well. I always love finding snacks that are easy to take along to a party.
Helpful Hints: With all of the different kinds of Hershey Kisses and M&Ms that there are now, you can use any number of different flavor combinations with these. You can also use Rolo candies instead of Hershey Kisses, and there are plenty of other little chocolates/toppings that could be used in place of the kisses or M&Ms. And of course, with M&Ms, you can always coordinate the colors for a holiday or season.
Pretzel Chocolate Bites
- Pretzel Snaps (small square quilted pretzels)
- Rolos, many
- Hershey Kisses
- Toasted pecans, M&M’s of any variety, chocolate covered coffee beans, peanuts, etcetera.
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
2. Place the pretzel squares on the baking sheet, and top each one with a Hershey Kiss or Rolos
3. Cook for 3 minutes in a 200 degree oven.
4. Remove from the oven and press on topping of choice. Refrigerate for approximately 15-20 minutes or until cool.
Notes: To toast pecans, spread them out on a plate and microwave for 30 seconds at a time. Stir the pecans around with your hand in between cooking times until toasted.