We’re preparing for the holidays .. prepare this drink in advance. Enjoy the fireplace on Christmas Eve …
Recipe and Image by Recelandia
For more recipes visit: Recelandia.blogspot.com
Yield 1 quart
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups vodka
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- Mix sugar, water, and cocoa in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, just until sugar and cocoa are completely dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Pour into a clean 2-quart glass container. Stir in vodka and vanilla bean. Cover tightly; keep in a cool, dark place for 14 days, shaking container thoroughly every 2 days.
- Strain liqueur through a moist paper coffee filter into a clean glass container. Straining will take a couple of hours as residue is very thick. Change filter halfway through. If residue remains, strain again immediately.
- Cover tightly; let liqueur age in cool, dark place at least 1 month.