Easy Cheesy Pepperoni Twist Rolls
I love bread and I love cheesy pepperoni pizza too, so thanks to pinterest, this was an amazing combination! Now this one can be with as much or as little cheese and pepperoni as you want , its up to you, as long as the dough is covered its fine
- Frozen bread dough *homemade is fine as well*
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (Optional)
- Loosely cover the frozen bread dough with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to thaw for a few hours at room temperature. When the dough is completely thawed it will be slightly puffed up.
- Here’s a tip: Spray the plastic wrap with cooking oil, or brush it with cooking oil and lay it, oiled side down on the bread dough. This allows the bread dough to rise and move easily under the plastic wrap without it sticking or holding back the dough.
- Roll dough out to an approximately 11 x 11 inch square. One frozen dough log makes one pepperoni roll.
- Brush dough with olive oil or whatever cooking oil you prefer. Lay pepperoni on the dough covering entire surface. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Next, sprinkle it with shredded Parmesan cheese and lightly sprinkle it with Italian seasoning. Add a sprinkling of garlic salt (optional).
- Roll up the dough starting at one edge of the square.
- Place rolls on baking sheet, leaving space between them if you are making more than one roll. Brush some melted butter on top of the uncooked pepperoni roll(s).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 15 to 25 minutes. Oven temperatures and times may vary. When done, the top of the rolls should be golden brown and you should be able to make a tapping sound on the crust with your fingernail (the same as when baking bread).
- Make sure you allow your pepperoni roll to cool completely before slicing and serving it.
← Previous Story Cinnamon Roll Cookies