Disney World’s Dole Whip
If you have ever been to Disney World and had a Dole Whip , this will bring back wonderful delicious memories.
Dole Whip is a soft serve frozen dessert available most notably in Disneyland at Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room originally, and later in Walt Disney World (at Aloha Isle in the Magic Kingdom, and Captain Cook’s at the Polynesian Resort), as well as at the Dole Plantation It is also available at Unified Enterprises Corp in Hawaii. Dole Whip is a powder mix reconstituted with water and then frozen down in an ice cream machine before serving.
- 2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE crushed pineapple
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Drain pineapple: reserve 2 tbsp. juice.
- Set aside.
- Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags.
- Store bags flat in freezer.
- Freeze 1 1/2 hours or until slushy.
- Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended in large bowl.
- Again Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags
- Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour and serve.
Tip: Use the bags to serve, cutting the bag. Press lightly swirling, add pineapple juice.