Cherry Bar DessertBy yummy on December 7, 2013
Cherry Bar Dessert. Want something simple by special? Try these festive fruit-filled bars from Jane Kamp of Grand Rapids, Michigan. With their pretty color from cherry pie filling and subtle almond flavor, they’re destined to become Christmas classics.
Cherry Bar Dessert
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and
- salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour.
- Spread 3 cups batter into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread
- with pie filling. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over
- filling. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely
- in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, extracts and enough milk
- to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over top. Yield: 5 dozen.
On the personal be aware, I’m happily hitched and have a great son. I love felines over dogs. I’ma passionate bicyclist along with readers. I think Gattaca is really a very under-rated film. I’m enslaved by Google+ as well as feel the net is the perfect place for someone that is naturally inquisitive.
← Previous Story Cherry Cream and Chocolate Wafer Parfaits
Next Story → Dulce de Leche Cookie Sandwiches (Alfajor) Recipe
Tagsrecipe recipes dessert cake dinner cookies cheese Chocolate bites Snacks Breakfast drink pizza chicken cheesecake Sandwiches bread Strawberry bacon Grilled taco eggs pie Banana casserole Peanut Butter cupcake cherry Crock Pot Recipes Crescent slow cooker Peanut tomato ham and cheese Mini-Cheesecakes Last-Minute meatball pepperoni baked rainbow Enchiladas