Caramel Apple Dump CakeBy yummy on August 30, 2013
Last fall I discovered the beauty of dump cake.
The name is really not the most appealing (let’s be honest) but the end result – so good! I was shocked to discover that it takes about 5 minutes to put together. You literally dump the ingredients into a pan, give it a quick mix with a fork, and sprinkle it with cake mix and melted butter.
Uh, I can totally do that.
And so can you!
I take mine to the next level with my own spiced whipped cream. My mom reminded me a few months ago how easy it is to whip cream by hand. She “reminded” me by telling me that my sister always whips her cream by hand and that maybe I should try it that way too.
I took that as a challenge. Wouldn’t you?
Sometimes, it is easier and less of a mess to just use a cold bowl and a whisk. Yes, it takes some work, but just think of it as exercise. Which you just might need after you eat a whole pan of dump cake!
Not that I have ever done that or anything.
- You can make dump cake with any pie filling that you like, but I really like apple.
- Spray a 9”x13” pan with cooking spray. Add the apple pie filling, caramel sauce, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Give it a quick mix with a fork.
- Open the cake mix and spread it all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the melted butter over.
- Add the pecans. Bake in a 350F degree oven for about 35 minutes. Let it cool.
- While the cake is cooling, put a large metal bowl and a whisk in the freezer until both are very cold. Add the cream and whisk until soft peaks form. It takes about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk until combined.
- Serve the caramel apple dump cake with a dollop of spiced whipped cream, an extra drizzle of caramel sauce, and a sprinkle of pecans. Enjoy!
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
Add apple pie filling, caramel sauce, lemon juice, and cinnamon to the pan. Mix together.
Sprinkle with cake mix. Cover with melted butter.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on a baking rack.
To make the spiced whipped cream, chill a large mixing bowl. Add heavy cream and whisk until it holds soft peaks. Then whisk in powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Serve the dump cake with spiced whipped cream, a drizzle of extra caramel sauce and a few pecans.
Get Free Apps all recipes
Get Free Apps all recipes
Tagsrecipe recipes dessert cake dinner cookies Chocolate cheese bites Breakfast Snacks drink pizza chicken cheesecake Sandwiches Strawberry bread bacon Grilled eggs Banana Peanut Butter taco pie casserole cherry cupcake Crock Pot Recipes Crescent slow cooker Peanut tomato ham and cheese Mini-Cheesecakes Last-Minute meatball pepperoni baked rainbow Enchiladas